Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Getting to Know Helicopter

In preparation for the teaching of module 12 on Electrical subjects, I have to build up some knowledge of helicopter. I will be doing three ATA chapters, 24, 26 and 33. For the purpose of delivery, I will be conducting the topics on electrical power, Lightings and Fire Protection.

As the students will be the Malaysian Trainees, I will have to select the examples from Malaysian operators.

My first search is for Malaysian Helicopter operators ... Google revealed the following operators..
1. MHS - Malaysia Helicopter Services
2. Eurocopter Malaysia
3. Solaire Helicopter Training
4. Augusta Westland.

Then, my next task is to get the types of helicopter operated by the various companies. The following are the result Helicopters operated the of different companies...


A. MHS
- Europter AS 365 N2
- Eurocopter AS332 L2 Super Puma
- Eurocopter AS335 F2
- Sikosky S76C

B Eurocopter Malaysia
- Dauphin AS365 N1
- Ecureuil AS350 BA

C. Augusta Westland Malaysia
- AW119
- AW109
- AW139

To support the teaching, I need to select 2 models as the reference for teaching. Looking from models above, the most suitable helicopter to be used for reference are the Augusta and Eurocopter.-

No comments:

Post a Comment