Thursday, February 7, 2013

Basic Internet

Knowledge of internet is necessary as aircraft are using the concept and the technology in the data communication.

I have chose a simple and short Youtube video to give the basic understanding of the working of the internet. I am also putting information on ethernet, the basis of the AFDX, used on A380.

I like the simplified concept where the internet is considered to be a wire to which your computer is connected. There are many computers and networks that are connected to these wire where you can access them. Each of the items connected to the internet wire are given an IP address such as 216.76.29.153. These addresses are made more human friendly by giving them a suitable names known as domain names. A personal users like me will connect by computer to the internet through an ISP, Internet Service Provider. By searching through the address, I will reach the domain that I want to gain access. This concept is used in the aircraft communication although the protocol and the control may be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment